The product pages are of a high importance towards growing the value of your Magento website. This article mentions five useful tips for improving the product pages, in order to drive traffic to your website.
1. Place frequently used keywords in the product title.
It is highly advisable to place frequently used keywords in the product title. As the product title shows up in the <title> tag of the header, it is essential for the page URL. Therefore, it shows up in many other places of your website such as category pages, new products, recently viewed products etc.
2. Place high quality images on your website.
By placing high quality images on your website, you improve the trust factor between you and the buyer. Placing such images is extremely crucial especially when you are selling consumer goods. You also improve the overall quality of the website so that it enhances the user experience. There are simply no excuses of showing poor photographs to people especially if they are extremely interested in picking up the products that you have listed online.
3. Sum up the top reasons for ‘why buy this product’.
The ‘above the fold’ information in the website’s product pages should contain a summary of the top reasons to purchase the product. This short description should not be more than 2-3 sentences long and should make the most impact on the prospective buyer. Also write a unique product description that is not only interesting but catchy as well. Do not try to copy and paste your content from other websites, but make sure that it is your own.
4. Use videos and video testimonials wherever possible.
Make it a point to use of videos for the products on your website wherever possible. Videos can be a highly effective SEO tool since they hold your interest and demand your attention. Make the videos short and effective with the help of some slick and high end editing.
5. Make sure that you add key information several times on the page.
It is advisable that you add targeted keywords in your product pages websites in locations such as product description as well as the short description. It is also advisable that you do not go overboard with the keywords and use them modestly.
To summarize, the use of product pages is an important part of the eCommerce strategy in your business and improving it can surely improve your bottom line, thereby helping you in increasing conversions as well as traffic. Let’s talk to us to improve your Magento store product page design and increase your conversion rate and sale.
Latest posts by Saurabh Parikh (see all)
- Amplify Your Business Potential With The Help of Magento Community Edition 1.9.1 - December 10, 2014
- Upgrade to Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.1 – A More Dynamic Platform! - November 26, 2014
- Four Outstanding Features Of Magento Enterprise Edition To Beat Customer Expectations - November 20, 2014